Your team wins when you play in Flint & Genesee.
From great ice hockey arenas, baseball, softball and soccer fields to bowling centers, tennis and basketball courts, BMX and extreme sports Flint & Genesee is the place to be.
We take our sports seriously as demonstrated by these great athletes and teams that have come from Flint & Genesee:
- Claressa Shields, 2012 Olympic Gold Medalist in Women’s Boxing
- Mott College Basketball Team, NJCAA National Champions in 2012, 2008, 2007 & 2003
- Mark Ingram, 2009 Heisman Trophy Winner
- Charlie Bell, Mateen Cleaves and Morris Peterson “Flintstones” who led the way to the 2000 NCAA Championship for Michigan State’s Basketball team
- Chris Byrd, 1992 Olympic Silver Medalist in Boxing and 2002 IBF World Heavy Weight Champion
- Ken Morrow, 1980 Olympic Gold Medalist in Hockey and 4 time Stanley Cup Winner (1983, 1982, 1981 & 1980) with the New York Islanders
Play Here. Then Play Some More.
In addition to great sporting venues and over the top support from the Explore Flint & Genesee team when planning your event, there is always something going on around town for players, fans and families.