For the sixth consecutive year, the Flint & Genesee Convention and Visitors Bureau will host Be a Tourist in Your Home Town. For only $1.00, participants can purchase a passport, which allows them access to different venues around Flint & Genesee with complimentary transportation sponsored by Mass Transportation Authority.
Passports can be purchased in advance for a chance to witness professional golf returning to Flint & Genesee. Participants who purchase in advance will be entered into a drawing to win two tickets to the Ally Challenge presented by McLaren.
Passports can also be purchased the day of at the Mott Foundation Building and Brush Park, the Flint Farmers’ Market, the Whiting and – new this year – For-Mar Nature Preserve and Arboretum.
New venues and attractions to see this year include:
- The Capitol Theatre
- Flint River Watershed Coalition
- Grace Emmanuel Baptist Church – Cruzin’ for Christ
- Kettering University GM Mobility Research Center
- Mott Park Recreation Area
- Sloan Museum Dinosaur Unearthed at Courtland Center
Additionally, the passport is valid for discounts at the following restaurants:
- 501 Bar & Grill
- Blackstone’s Grill
- Café Rhema
- Churchill's Food and Spirits
- Cork on Saginaw
- Flint Crepe Co.
- Halo Burger on Saginaw Street
- Hoffman’s Deco Deli & Café
- Table & Tap
- Tenacity Brewing
Be a Tourist in Your Home Town will be held on July 14, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. For a full list of attractions and to purchase your passport to go www.flintandgenesee.org/tourist.