Home to 21 public and private golf courses, Flint & Genesee is a golf lover’s dream. As the birthplace of the Buick Open, golf is a clear part of the history of the region.
Warwick Hills Golf and Country Club, the original host site of the Buick Open, is a beautiful 18-hole course that has seen notable golfers such as Tiger Woods and Billy Mayfair - both share the course record.
This year, professional golf will return to Warwick Hills with The Ally Challenge presented by McLaren, September 9 – 12. An official event of the PGA TOUR Champions, the tournament features 78 professionals competing for a $2-million purse. Friday night during the tournament, attendees can attend a concert on the course featuring country stars Big & Rich.
Looking to hit the course? Public golf courses in Flint & Genesee include:
- Captain’s Club at Woodfield – A Ray Floyd Signature 18-hole golf course located in Grand Blanc
- Coyote Preserve Golf Club – An 18-hole golf course located in Fenton
- IMA Brookwood Golf Club – A championship 18-hole golf course designed by Joe Szilagyi located in Burton
- The Jewel of Grand Blanc – A 36-hole golf course located in Grand Blanc
- Sugarbush Golf Club – A 18-hole golf course in Davison
With great courses located near excellent accommodations, Flint & Genesee is a great destination for golf lovers. Plan your trip with Golf Flint & Genesee Overnight Packages.
Cover image: © James Carly / https://golfible.com / CC-BY-SA-3.0