(FLINT, Mich., January 20, 2017) – Eighteen local professionals have been selected to participate in Leadership NOW, an intensive, year-long leadership development program offered through the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce and United Way of Genesee County.
The participants selected for the third cohort, which kicked off today, represent a wide variety of current and emerging leaders who work and/or live in Genesee County and have experience in the private, public or nonprofit sectors.
“Over the course of a year, the cohort will learn about everything from building and managing a diverse team to creating a culture of inquiry,” said Michelle Hill, Director of Shared Services at the Flint & Genesee Chamber. “Through the program, they will gain an understanding of their personal leadership styles, as well as the skills needed to lead with intention.”
As part of Leadership NOW, each participant will undergo in-depth leadership assessments, 10 hours of one-on-one coaching and 100+ hours of training.
The program also places special attention on how to develop, initiate and sustain collaborative community projects. As such, participants are required to develop and implement a collaborative project with a focus on organizational or community enhancement.
Participants in the third cohort include:
- Timiya Banks (Grand Blanc), Data Manager, Food Bank of Eastern Michigan
- Shavonta Crawford (Flint), Teacher, Carman Ainsworth Community Schools
- Michael Czop (Fenton), Senior VP/Chief Commercial Officer of TIDI Products
- Steven Elkins (Flint), Experience Manager, Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce
- Jamie Florida (Grand Blanc), Project Manager/Research Assistant, University of Michigan – Ann Arbor
- Tiffiny L. Griffin (Rochester Hills), Director of Council Initiatives, Girl Scouts of Southeastern Michigan
- Rachel Johnson (Fenton), Director of Development & Sexual Assault Services, YWCA of Greater Flint
- Lynette Kaiser (Grand Blanc), Nutrition Program Instructor, MSU Extension
- Arther Mance (Flint), Team Leader, Morley Companies
- Nicole Mason (Fenton), Director, Human Resources, TIDI Products, LLC
- Jasmine McKenney (Flint), Senior Procurement Counselor, Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce
- Caitlin O’Neil (Davison), Marketing Assistant, Sloan Museum & Longway Planetarium
- Shakya Pea (Grand Blanc), Intake Coordinator, Absolute Home Health and Hospice
- Tom Roark (Grand Blanc), Senior Director, Diplomat Pharmacy, Inc.
- Jessica L. Robinson (Flint), Program Manager, Crim Fitness Foundation
- Stacie Scherman (Grand Blanc), Vice President, Flint Distributing Co.
- Shearese Nekail Stapleton (Swartz Creek), Associate Teacher, GISD Headstart
- Tom Travis (Flint), Director, Personal Success Program, Carriage Town Ministries