Tickets are still available for Leadercast, the world’s largest one-day leadership conference. It will be broadcast LIVE from Atlanta and simulcast to hundreds of locations around the world on May 5.
This year marks the seventeenth year of the annual leadership conference and the second year that the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce’s Young Professional committee will be at hosting the local simulcast.
The viewing location will be the newly renovated Durant-Dort Factory One, 303 Water Street in Flint’s historic Carriage Town neighborhood. In addition, the Paul W. Smith Show on News/Talk 760 WJR will be broadcasting from the Factory One from 5:30-9 a.m. that morning, as part of the Pure Michigan tour.
The theme of this year’s conference is, “Powered by Purpose.” Purpose is what defines us, drives us, and empowers us. It is the glue for an organization and the fuel for an individual. Today’s organization can’t rely on old practices. A new organization is emerging and at the center of its driving force is the igniting power of purpose.
- Companies with ideals of improving people’s lives at the center of all they do outperform others by 400 percent
- More than 70 percent of people consider an organization’s environmental and/or social impact when deciding where to work
- Employees that feel they are working towards a good cause show increased productivity by up to 30 percent
- People who are able to make a social or environmental impact on the job are more satisfied by a 2:1 ratio
The conference will allow attendees to discover the steps they can take to uncover their purpose, to reconnect to their organization’s “why”, to attract and engage the right people for your efforts and to thrive as a team.
Among the keynote speakers are:
- Daniel Pink – Behavioral Science Expert, Best-Selling Author, & Host of Crowd Control
- Molly Fletcher – Former Top Sports Agent & Author
- Andy Stanley – Leadership Author & Communicator
- Suzy Welch – Author, TV Commentator, & Business Journalist
- Henry Cloud – Acclaimed Leadership Expert, Clinical Psychologist, & Best-Selling Author
- Jess Ekstrom – CEO of Headbands of Hope
- Tyler Perry – Director, Playwright, Screenwriter, Producer, Actor, Author & Entrepreneur
General Motors, which owns Durant-Dort Factory One near downtown Flint, has invested several million dollars to convert the building into an archive and research center. Among its multiple uses, the building will house the automotive collection currently located at nearby Kettering University.
For more information and to purchase your ticket or group tickets to Leadercast Flint & Genesee event, click here.