Regional Chamber Convention & Visitors Bureau Honors Industry Stars
(FLINT, MICH.) This evening, the Flint Genesee Regional Convention and Visitors Bureau, an action group of the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce, announced the winners of the 2012 Hospitality Awards during the 24th Annual Genesee County Hospitality Awards Banquet at the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre in Flint. More than 100 people were on hand as the industry’s best were recognized.
According to Tim Herman, CEO of the Regional Chamber this year’s honorees represent a cross section of the great service available in the region.
“The hotels, restaurants and businesses recognized this evening have truly made a difference in our community,” said Herman. “Whether they were serving visitors at a front desk or at a table, tonight’s honorees have one thing in common. They have all made a commitment to memorable customer service. And that’s a good thing for our region.”
Each year the Regional Chamber CVB gathers customer commendations for high levels of hospitality and good customer service from hotels, restaurants and business establishments from across the region. Cheryl Defrain, Director of the Regional Chamber CVB says the nominees reflect the establishments praised most often by customers for their excellent service.
“The purpose of the annual Hospitality Awards is to give credit to the best of the best in Genesee County,” said DeFrain. “Many of those who were recognized tonight rarely receive praise for their hard work. This event shines a spotlight on those who go above and beyond to provide great customer service and because May is Hospitality Month this is the perfect time to say thank you.”
The 2012 Hospitality Awards honored the following individuals and businesses:
- Best Front Desk Staff – Dominique Hightower, America’s Best Value Inns & Suites
- Best Host or Hostess – Carvetta Jenkins, The Residence Inn
- Transportation Award – Hubert Gentry, Mass Transportation Authority
- Best Food Server – Michelle LeMar, The Courtyard by Marriott
- Best Hotel Housekeeper – Ramona Johnson, The Residence Inn
- Best Bartender – Anderson Pettigrew, J. Porter’s American Chophouse
- Outstanding Customer Service – Luke DeWulf, Elga Credit Union
- Hospitality Ambassador of the Year – Ellen Bailey, Holiday Inn Gateway Centre
- Hospitality Restaurant of the Year – J. Porter’s American Chophouse
- Hospitality Hotel of the Year – Holiday Inn Gateway Centre
The 2012 Hospitality Awards were made possible by event sponsors Elga Credit Union and the Mass Transportation Authority.
About the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce
The Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce (www.flintandgenesee.org) is the voice of business and community advocacy in Genesee County. The Regional Chamber is over 100 years old, was established before the Michigan Chamber of Commerce and is a founding member of the United States Chamber of Commerce.
Two words describe the Regional Chamber as it enters its second century of service: collaboration and partnership. It is our goal to work with government, business, education and nonprofit organizations to support the growth and development of the community economically, culturally and socially.