January 13, 2016
With enrollment for health insurance ending Jan. 31, Hamilton Community Health Network is hosting a “Coverage to Care Lunch & Learn” to help educate residents about the range of affordable and accessible health coverage options.
The free event will feature a panel of health-insurance experts, including representatives from the Genesee Health Plan, Enroll America and MMAP. The panelists will speak on health coverage and answer questions from the public.
The “Coverage to Care Lunch & Learn” will be held Jan. 23 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Hamilton Community Health’s Main Clinic, 2900 N. Saginaw St.
Hamilton Community Health reminds residents of the following:
- Anyone lacking health insurance must get covered or file an exemption to avoid the tax penalty of $695 per adult and $347.50 per child in the household, or 2.5% of the household income, whichever is greater.
- Anyone with coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace can keep their plan or shop for a new one.
- Renewal must take place by Jan. 31, 2016.
- Uninsured individuals should review options, check to see how much financial help is available, and choose the coverage that meets their needs and fits their budget.
- Visit MICoverage.org to learn more about coverage options in Michigan.
Call Hamilton Community Health Network at 810-787-5097 or the Genesee Health Plan at 810-232-7740 for health coverage questions.