(FLINT, Mich., December 14, 2015) –The Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce today announced continued growth in its membership, with seven area businesses joining the organization in November. These new members represent a wide range of industries and are actively contributing to the success and economic activity of this region.
“We’re pleased to welcome our new members to the Flint & Genesee Chamber,” said Tim Herman, CEO of the Chamber. “They have joined hundreds of business owners and managers working with the Chamber to move the economy forward and make Flint and Genesee County a better place to work, live and play. And we’re excited to have them join us.”
The businesses include:
- Duraguard Commercial Roofing (5161 E. Court St., Burton): A flat-roof specialist that installs, repairs and maintains roofing on commercial buildings.
- Emil Rummel Insurance (522 S. Main St., Frankenmuth): A family owned business providing insurance services to individuals, businesses and farms.
- Grand Blanc Vision Clinic (12606 Holly Road, Grand Blanc): An optometry center that has offered vision care services and products since 1964.
- Hallem Painting (3216 Lapeer Road, Flint): A contractor providing interior/exterior painting services for commercial, industrial and residential buildings.
- Integrity Business Solutions (2255 S. Linden Road, Flint): A supplier offering a variety of office products, ranging from computer supplies to furniture.
- Martin Funeral, Cremation & Tribute Services (1194 E. Mt. Morris Road, Mt. Morris): A funeral service business that operates multiple funeral homes and provides cremation and tribute services.
- Signature Chop House (1537 E. Pierson Road, Flushing): A bar, restaurant and banquet facility specializing in rustic dishes and Italian classics.
As members of Genesee County’s largest business advocacy organization, these businesses can take advantage of several benefits available through the Chamber, including money saving and insurance programs, business and talent services, networking opportunities, seminars and workshops, and assistance in securing government contracts.
“Our services can have a major impact on sustaining and growing businesses of all sizes, but particularly small businesses,” said Heather Kale, Director of Member Services for the Chamber. “In addition to providing networking services, we help companies enter new markets and connect them with talent and financial resources. Our goal is to help businesses make their goals become reality.”