(FLINT, Mich., June 8, 2015) – The Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce today announced continued growth in its membership. During May, 11 local businesses joined the organization. These new members represent a wide range of industries and are actively contributing to the success and economic activity of this region.
"We're pleased to welcome our new members to the Flint & Genesee Chamber," said Tim Herman, CEO of the Chamber. "They have joined hundreds of business owners and managers working with the Chamber to move the economy forward and make Flint and Genesee County a better place to work, live and play. And we're excited to have them join us."
The businesses include:
- Alliance Automation (4072 Market Place Drive, Flint): An automation supplier for the automotive, food, healthcare and plastics industries.
- Ally Equipment Solutions (7430 N. Dort Hwy., Mt. Morris): A manufacturer specializing in the design, manufacture and installation of custom material handling equipment.
- Children's Autism Center (2700 Robert T Longway, Flint): A partnership between Hurley Medical Center and the Genesee Health System, providing therapy and support to children with autism.
- Cool Bus Party Rental (Flushing): An agency providing party bus rentals and transportation services for all occasions.
- Crime Stoppers of Michigan (210 E. Fifth St., Flint): A volunteer-driven organization that raises funds for rewards encouraging witnesses to provide anonymous tips that help solve felony crimes in the mid-Michigan area.
- Genesee Health System (420 W. Fifth Ave., Flint): A provider of publicly funded services for mental health, developmental disabilities and substance use disorders.
- Printer Ready Corp. (5251 Exchange Drive, Flint): A business that specializes in refurbished laser printers, remanufactured toner cartridges and printer parts.
- RCDC (Grand Blanc): Parent company of UR Health Mart, a healthy vending machine distributor.
- Reformation Home Health (412 S. Saginaw St, Flint): An assisted living business providing personalized, high-quality care on an as-needed, preventative, or scheduled basis.
- Stick It (516 Cynthia Drive, Flushing): A traveling food truck that prepares meat and vegetarian kabobs, either served on flatbread or wrapped in lettuce.
- Willowbrook Manor (4436 Beecher Road, Flint): A nursing home offering short- and long-term care, with services including physical, occupational and speech therapy.
As members of Genesee County's largest business advocacy organization, these businesses can take advantage of several benefits available through the Chamber, including money saving and insurance programs, business and talent services, networking opportunities, seminars and workshops, and assistance in securing government contracts.
"Our services can have a major impact on sustaining and growing businesses of all sizes, but particularly small businesses," said Heather Kale, Director of Member Services for the Chamber. "In addition to providing networking services, we help companies enter new markets and connect them with talent and financial resources. Our goal is to help businesses make their goals become reality."