(FLINT, Mich., July 6, 2015) –The Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce today announced continued growth in its membership. During June, 10 local businesses joined the organization. These new members represent a wide range of industries and are actively contributing to the success and economic activity of this region.
"We're pleased to welcome our new members to the Flint & Genesee Chamber," said Tim Herman, CEO of the Chamber. "They have joined hundreds of business owners and managers working with the Chamber to move the economy forward and make Flint and Genesee County a better place to work, live and play. And we're excited to have them join us."
The businesses include:
- 123 Consignments & Resale (8337 Silver Lake Road, Linden): A consignment shop offering furniture, lighting, jewelry, etc.
- AMI Contracting (4110 Market Place, Flint): Provides engineering support services for equipment manufacturers across North America.
- Brookdale Genesee Valley (4444 W. Court St., Flint): An assisted living and memory care community, offering care for seniors with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Floradora (300 E. First St., Flint): A boutique flower and gift shop located inside the Flint Farmers’ Market.
- Genesee District Library (4195 W. Pasadena, Flint): A public library system that serves the residents of Genesee County.
- Magnificent Michigan Meals (6339 E. Hill Rd., Grand Blanc): A full-service catering company that provides services for weddings, open houses, banquets, etc.
- NCG Trillium (8330 Trillium Circle Ave., Grand Blanc): A movie theater featuring stadium-style seating, 14 traditional screens and one IMAX screen.
- Referral Institute (11984 Belsay Road, Grand Blanc): Provides business professionals with training and tools relating to relationship-based referrals.
- Sharky's Sports Bar (4050 S. Center Rd., Burton): A sports bar featuring more than 50 televisions, horseshoes, billiards and daily food and drink specials.
- Wm. Floyd Company (7298 Fenton Rd, Grand Blanc): Provides HVAC and plumbing services for residential, commercial and industrial customers statewide.
As members of Genesee County's largest business advocacy organization, these businesses can take advantage of several benefits available through the Chamber, including money saving and insurance programs, business and talent services, networking opportunities, seminars and workshops, and assistance in securing government contracts.
"Our services can have a major impact on sustaining and growing businesses of all sizes, but particularly small businesses," said Heather Kale, Director of Member Services for the Chamber. "In addition to providing networking services, we help companies enter new markets and connect them with talent and financial resources. Our goal is to help businesses make their goals become reality."
For more information about member services, contact Heather Kale at email@example.com or DeAndra McCain at dmccain@flintandge