(FLINT, Mich., January 31, 2017) – In an effort to serve as a central, affordable resource for professional and personal development, the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce is offering more than 80 workshops and seminars in 2017.
“Learning is a lifelong process that helps move you closer to reaching your full potential,” said George Wilkinson, Group Vice President, Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce. “We’re excited to provide a robust selection of training opportunities, covering everything from embedding best practices into your business operations to the basics of buying a home.”
Sponsored by ELGA Credit Union, the 2017 Flint & Genesee Training & Development Catalog features training opportunities in:
- Business Development
- Financial Planning
- Fund Development
- Health & Wellness, sponsored by Hurley Corporate Wellness
- Human Resources
- Leadership (including the INSPIRE Speaker Series, sponsored by Diplomat)
- Workplace Safety & Security
According to Wilkinson, this year’s lineup was curated based on feedback from past workshop attendees and input from local employers. As a result, some of the new additions to the Chamber’s training and development offering include:
- The AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising, a 16-hour program designed to meet the real-world needs and challenges non-profit organizations face every day.
- Lean Manufacturing and Growing Your Business with Market Research with the Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center
- Effective Meeting Facilitation and Project Management with Glenn and Essence Wilson, co-founders of Communities First, Inc.
“Our training catalog is designed for employers as much as it is individual professionals,” Wilkinson said. “After all, investing in an employee’s professional development ensures that their knowledge and skills stay relevant and up-to-date. This benefits everyone – the employee and the employer.”
Led by a variety of business training professionals and experts, the programs will be offered at various locations throughout Genesee County. For more information, or to browse this year’s training opportunities, click here.
To download the full 2017 Flint & Genesee Training & Development Catalog, click here. Hard copies are also available at the Flint & Genesee Chamber, at 519 S. Saginaw St., Flint.