It’s Fat Tuesday! And based on a nonscientific survey of local bakeries, it looks like the people of Flint and Genesee County will be celebrating today with paczki of all flavors — especially the cream-filled variety.
Whether you’re craving the traditional prune filling or the less expected rosehip jelly, there’s something for everyone in Genesee County today. The following locations will be selling freshly made paczki today while supplies last.
- B & J’s Donuts (4021 Richfield Road, Flint): Top flavors include cream, custard, berry and chocolate. Open until 6 p.m.
- Crust – a baking company(104 W. Caroline, Fenton): Based on pre-orders, the most popular fillings this year include raspberry and lemon. The bakery is also selling king cake today. Open until 6 p.m.
- Donna’s Donuts(1135 W. Bristol Road, Flint): Most popular flavors include custard, cream, strawberry and raspberry. Open until 8 p.m.
- Jablonski’s Bakers Corner at St. John Catholic Church (404 Dayton St, Davison): Jablonski’s paczki will be available in the church’s parish hall (the 450 building) until 7 p.m. today. The most popular flavor thus far? Prune.
- King Arthur’s Pasties and Bakery(1261 N. Ballenger Hwy, Flint Township, and 2259 E. Hill Road, Grand Blanc Township): According to the Flint location, custard, cream and raspberry have been the most in-demand flavors. Open until 7 p.m.