The nominees are in and the votes are being tallied for the third-annual Art of Achievement of Awards, presented by the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce and the Flint & Genesee Convention and Visitors Bureau.
This year’s gala will be held Nov. 15, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the Flint Institute of Arts. The format is slightly different from previous years, with the awards program beginning at 6 p.m. and the hors d’oeuvres reception following afterwards. There will also be a cash bar.
“The committee felt that starting the evening off with the awards program would allow the nominees and guests to mingle afterwards in a more relaxed setting,” said Heather Kale, Director of Member Services at the Flint & Genesee Chamber. “Also, the FIA is a fabulous venue for event like the Art of Achievement Awards. We’re looking forward to a fun evening.”
Tickets are $25 and tickets may be purchased here.
The following individuals and companies are nominees in the business category:
CEO Business Award – Any company with 50 or more employees.
- ELGA Credit Union
- Genesee County Parks
- Mass Transportation Authority
- Regional Medical Imaging (RMI)
Small Business Award – Any company with less than 50 employees.
- The Content Effect
- Flint Comix & Entertainment
- Global Treatment Solutions
- Park Place Hair Studio
- Peerless Mattress Co.
- Rynelle Walker Photography/Studio 18
- Steady Eddy’s Café
Minority Owned Business Award – Any minority-owned business in the community.
- Chica’s Fitness
- Elite Career Solutions
- Trion Solutions
Nonprofit Impact Award – Any charity, church or nonprofit making great strides to positively impact any facet of the Flint and Genesee community.
- Communities First, Inc.
- Flint Unity Farming Project
- Forge Flint
- Foster Closet of Genesee County
- GearUp 2 Lead
- My Dreams Do Come True
- WOW Outreach/Kenyetta Dotson
Young Professional Leader Award – Any young professional 35 or younger making great strides to benefit their company and/or the community.
- Amber Taylor, Purves Construction
- DeWaun Robinson, Artistic Visions
- Glenn Wilson, Communities First, Inc.
- Marcus Bieth, Flint T-Shirts
- Sarha Sellers, Hashtaglunchbag-Flint
- Yasmin Ladha, C&L Ward
- Mackenzie Benson, Alexis Kiefer, Molly Moerman & Taylor Twohig, Genesee Intermediate School District (GISD) Dream and Discover Initiative
Claire M. White Award – Honoring a woman working for the betterment of Flint & Genesee in community, career or someone else’s life.
- Laura Sorenson, SageLink Credit Union
- Jackie Mason, Mid-Michigan AMBUCS
- Crystal Dillard, Flint Cultural Center
- Essence Wilson, Communities First, Inc.
- Kristy Cantleberry, KellerWilliams Realty
- Dr. Nicole Wax
- Amy McMillan, Genesee County Parks
- Melanie Zaucha, RMI
The following companies and individuals are nominees in the hospitality category:
Hotel of the Year – This award recognizes a Genesee County hotel for its outstanding service, comfort and attention to hotel guests, providing an excellent overall experience.
- Best Western Flint Airport Inn & Suites
- Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
- Courtyard Flint/Grand Blanc
- Flint Residence Inn Marriott
- Holiday Inn Express Flint – Campus Area
- Holiday Inn Gateway Centre
- Super 8 Miller Road/Airport
- Wingate by Wyndham
Restaurant of the Year
- Churchill’s Food & Spirits
- La Familia Morales
- The Cork on Saginaw
- The Lunch Studio
In addition, the Chamber will present several special honors, including the Gloria J. DeHart Award, Hospitality Ambassador Award, Frontline Ambassador Award and Community Champion Award.