On Nov. 15, the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce, and the Convention and Visitors Bureau honored local businesses and hospitality providers for their contributions to the wellbeing and success of our region in 2016.
About 350 people gathered at the Flint Institute of Arts where Steve Landaal, President of Landaal Packaging Systems and Chair-Elect of the Chamber’s Operating Board, presented 12 Art of Achievement Awards, plus the Community Champion Award and the Claire M. White Award to outstanding businesses, community supporters and hospitality industry professionals.
The 2016 Art of Achievement Awards also honored the following businesses and individuals:
- CEO Business Award – ELGA Credit Union
- Small Business Award – Peerless Mattress Co.
- Minority-Owned Business Award – Elite Career Solutions
- Claire M. White Award – Essence Wilson, Communities First, Inc.
- Small Business Contractor of the Year – Vets Access, LLC
- Young Professional Award – Glenn Wilson, Communities First, Inc.
- Nonprofit Impact Award – Foster Closet of Genesee County
- Gloria J. DeHart Award – Dort Federal Credit Union Events Center
- Hospitality Ambassador Award – Ann Reith, Cork on Saginaw
- Hospitality Frontline Ambassador Award – Elizabeth Morris, Best Western Flint Airport Inn & Suites
- Restaurant of the Year – Cork on Saginaw
- Hotel of the Year – Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
- Certified Tourism Ambassador of the Year Award – Crystal Dillard, Flint Cultural Center Corp.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan was the Presenting Sponsor of the 3rd Annual Art of Achievement Awards and Ferris State University the Dessert Sponsor.
Individual awards sponsors: Central Michigan University-Flint; Chase; Community Foundation of Greater Flint; ELGA Credit Union; the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan; Huntington Bank; Mass Transportation Authority; the United Way of Genesee County; and University of Michigan-Flint.