October 12, 2016
The Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce would like to thank the local and regional organizations, foundations and businesses that contributed a total of $98,500 to support local youth programming during the third quarter of 2016.
“We are very grateful for the financial support of these organizations,” said Rhetta Hunyady, the Chamber’s Vice President of Education & Training. “With their help, we can continue to provide quality afterschool programming through YouthQuest, leadership training through TeenQuest, real-world job experiences through Summer Youth Initiative (SYI) and exposure to manufacturing careers through Manufacturing Day.”
Recent benefactors of these programs include:
- Burroughs Memorial Trust, $1,000 (TeenQuest/SYI)
- Child Welfare Society, $5,000 (TeenQuest/SYI)
- Deluxe Dental, $5,000 (YouthQuest)
- Hagerman Foundation, $50,000 (TeenQuest/SYI and YouthQuest)
- Herman Miller Cares, $15,000 (YouthQuest)
- I-69 Thumb Region, $5,000 (Manufacturing Day)
- United Way of Genesee County, $7,500 (TeenQuest/SYI)
- Whiting Foundation, $10,000 (YouthQuest)
To learn more about TeenQuest/SYI or YouthQuest, administered by the Genesee Area Focus Fund, a supporting organization of the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce, visit www.flintandgenesee.org/learn.
For more information about National Manufacturing Day, which is held every October, visit www.mfgday.com.