If you’re still in the midst of your holiday shopping, know you’re not alone. According to the National Retail Federation, more than 10 percent of consumers are planning to wait until Dec. 23 to buy their last holiday gifts for the year.
For those of you who could use some help brainstorming gift ideas, here are a few local options:
- Flint Firebirds tickets and merchandise. The gift shop, located at Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center, will be open from 9am to 5pm through Friday.
- French macarons made by Flint-based Gémeaux Macarons. To purchase this week's flavors (chocolate, espresso, PB&J, peppermint, pumpkin, raspberry, salted maple caramel, sugared plum and/or vanilla), swing by The Local Grocer daily or order online for Saturday pick-up at the Flint Farmers' Market.
- Locally designed urban and casual wear from Good Boy Clothing in Flint. The business doesn't have an retail store just yet, but customers can pick-up their online orders at their headquarters in downtown Flint. Just contact the business by or before Saturday at email@example.com, (810) 835-2342 or Facebook message to make arrangements.
- Mackinac-style fudge, freshly made at Michigan’s Greatest Fudge in Grand Blanc.
- A selection of coffees and teas from Flushing-based Coffee Beanery. (Top sellers include the hazelnut, café caramel cream and toasted almond coffees.)
- An annual membership for the Flint Institute of Arts. This includes free admission to all exhibitions, a 20 percent discount on FIA Art School classes and more.
- A growler from Fenton Winery & Brewery, The Laundry’s Lynchpin Beer Co., Redwood Steakhouse & Brewery and/or Tenacity Brewing.
Do you have any gift suggestions for last-minte shoppers in Flint and Genesee County? If so, share them here!