The Innovation Incubator at the University of Michigan-Flint and the Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) have teamed up to offer a free intensive bootcamp to help entrepreneurs prepare a solid foundation for success.
“5 Steps to Start Up” is designed for businesses at any stage. A kickoff and informational session will be held Feb. 23, from 5:30-7:30 p.m., in the Happenings Room in the University Center UM-Flint's campus. The event is free but registration is required. Register Now
The business bootcamp series begins in March, with sessions held on Thursdays from 5-9 p.m. at the UM-Flint University Center. Courses will cover:
· March 2 - The value proposition and customer discovery process – who are you serving and why should they buy from you? The importance of customer relationships discussed.
· March 9 - How to work with suppliers and partners. The session will take an in-depth look at the best legal structure for your business.
· March 16 - Business financials including expenses, income, and accounting methods.
· March 23 - Marketing and pitch craft: how to put your best foot forward and how to reach your customers.
· March 30 - Financing, government contracts, entrepreneurial ecosystem and pulling it all together.
For more information, contact the Innovation Incubator at (810) 424-5428.