Call for nominations for the 2019 Art of Achievement Awards
Who are the leaders of the business community and exemplars of service in the hospitality industry in Flint & Genesee? The Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce and the Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) want to know, as nominations are now open for this year’s Art of Achievement Awards, the area's premier showcase event.
"We’ve all had that amazing customer service experience; the kind that you want to tell your friends about," said Steven Elkins, the Chamber’s director of member services. "There are also opportunities to recognize a variety of business and community leaders as well as up-and-coming professionals who are doing terrific things to move Flint & Genesee forward.
"We’re asking you to share that story by nominating that business or those individuals for one of our Art of Achievement awards."
Nominations for 2019 are being sought in the following business and hospitality categories:
- CEO Business Award – Any company with 50 or more employees working to have a positive impact in Flint & Genesee.
- Small Business Award – Any company with fewer than 50 employees working to have a positive impact in Flint & Genesee.
- Minority-owned Business Award – Any minority-owned business working to have a positive impact in Flint & Genesee.
- Claire M. White Award – Honoring a woman working for the betterment of Flint & Genesee in community, career or someone else’s life.
- Young Professional Leader Award – Any young professional 40 or younger making great strides to benefit their company and/or the community.
- Nonprofit Impact Award – Any charity, church or nonprofit making great strides to positively impact any facet of the Flint & Genesee community.
- Gloria J. DeHart Award – Exemplifies an individual or organization who has worked to improve Flint & Genesee in the eyes of the hospitality community, creating a positive impact and perception of Flint & Genesee.
- Hospitality Ambassador Award – Recognizes exemplary customer service in the non-hotel areas of food service, bartender, transportation, business, etc. The winner will have gone above and beyond in the performance of his/her job to make a difference in the customers’ experience.
- Frontline Ambassador Award – Recognizes a hospitality worker within a Genesee County hotel who provided outstanding service to guests staying at their establishment. This may include, but is not limited to: Front Desk Staff, Host/Hostess, Housekeeper, Guest Services and Maintenance.
- Restaurant of the Year – Recognizes a Genesee County restaurant for their outstanding service, menu and overall experience of the customer.
- Hotel of the Year – Recognizes a Genesee County hotel for outstanding service, comfort and attention to hotel guests, providing an excellent overall experience.
- Entertainment Venue of the Year – Awarded to an entertainment or live performing arts venue that continues to raise the bar, offering an array top-notch entertainment to the community and visitors.
- Community Champion Award – Recognizes a local resident who worked with the Flint & Genesee CVB staff to bring a meeting, event or group into Genesee County that had the highest economic impact in terms of attendees and overnight rooms.
- Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) of the Year – Recognizes a Flint & Genesee County CTA for their dedication to the CTA Program and goes above and beyond to turn every encounter into a positive experience by promoting Flint & Genesee as a great place to live, work, play and visit.
Nominations are open to for-profit businesses, nonprofits and individuals in Genesee County, and are due Oct. 16 via online submission at flintandgenesee.org/art-of-achievement-awards. Additional details about the selection criteria for each award is also posted online, and self-nomination is permissible.
Winners will be announced at the Nov. 7 gala at the Flint Institute of Arts.