Gov. Rick Snyder appointed Tyler Rossmaessler to the Michigan Council on Arts and Cultural Affairs. Part of the Michigan Economic Development Corp., the 15-member council helps create an environment of artistic, creative and cultural activity to support Michigan's quality of life and economic vitality. Rossmaessler is the director of Economic Development at the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce.
Alaina Wiens is the new director of the Flint & Genesee Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB), based at the Flint & Genesee Chamber. She joined the Chamber in 2015 as the marketing director. In her new role, effective Oct. 1, Wiens leads the CVB as well as the Chamber's marketing team.
Flint & Genesee Chamber welcomed new members in September:
- Dort Highway Flint LLC, 2101 S. Dort Hwy., Flint
- Crossover Downtown Outreach Ministry, 414 W. Court St., Flint
- FirstLight Home Care of Greater Genesee County, 1320 E. Atherton Rd., Flint
- Genesee County Prevention Coalition, 902 E. Sixth St., Flint
- Josy Holstine, Davison
- Judson Center, 12723 Telegraph Rd., Redford
- Magna International, 750 Tower Drive, Troy
- Meijer, 2474 W. Hill Rd., Flint
- Nick’s Residential Services, Flint
- Pinnacle Dermatology, 2256 W. Hill Rd., Flint
- Primary Prevention Physiotherapy, 209 S. Cherry St., Flushing
Send submissions for personnel updates to email@example.com. Photos are optional.