January 13, 2016
Reflecting on recent months, the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce would like to thank the local and regional organizations, foundations and businesses that contributed a total of $21,600 to support YouthQuest, TeenQuest and Summer Youth Initiative (SYI).
“For YouthQuest, this funding will assist us in our mission of providing quality afterschool and summer programming for Flint-area youth,” said Rhetta Hunyady, the Chamber’s Vice President of Education & Training. “And for TeenQuest and SYI, it helps to better prepare our local teens for success in the workplace and beyond.”
Recent benefactors of these programs include:
- Alden and Vada Dow Family Foundations, $10,000 (YouthQuest)
- Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs and the Greater Flint Arts Council, $3,600 (YouthQuest)
- Jennings Memorial Foundation, $2,500 (YouthQuest)
- Dollar General Literacy Foundation, $2,000 (YouthQuest)
- Target Corp. (Target Community Literacy Grant), $1,500 (YouthQuest)
- Ann Arbor AWESOME Foundation, $1,000 (TeenQuest/SYI, YouthQuest)
- Burroughs Memorial Trust, $1,000 (TeenQuest/SYI)
To learn more about the youth programs, administered by the Genesee Area Focus Fund, a supporting organization of the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce, visit www.flintandgenesee.org/learn.