On Friday, April 28, the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce will host a free job and resource fair for adults ages 18 and older.
The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Baker College of Flint, and is open to the general public.
Up to 25 employers seeking to fill entry-level positions will be on-site. Confirmed employers include:
- AMI Contracting
- Carpetland USA
- CL Ward Brothers
- Comfort Keepers
- Dort Federal Credit Union
- International Union of Painters & Allied Trades
- Mass Transportation Authority
- Miller Industries
- PMC (Placement Management Center)
- Qualified Staffing
- Teachout Security Solutions
- The Home Depot
- Trion Solutions
- Halo Country – Halo Burger
- PrintComm/Marketing Solutions
- Randy Wise Automotive
- S. Truck Driver Training School
Beyond on-the-spot interviews, the event will also offer access to a variety of community resources, career preparation services, health care information, hair care services and more. Participating businesses and agencies include:
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Genesee County Health Department
- Genesee Health System
- Greater Flint Health Coalition
- GST MIWorks!
- MPowering My Success (University of Michigan-Flint)
- Park Place Hair Studio
- Secretary of State
- State of Michigan Department of Health and Human Resources
Interested in attending? Be sure to dress professionally and bring multiple copies of your resume.
Job seekers are encouraged to pre-register for the job fair by Friday, April 21, 2017. To do this, fill out the form provided here.
This article was featured in the April 2017 issue of Afterschool Download, a monthly e-newsletter for friends of YouthQuest, TeenQuest and the Summer Youth Initiative. Also in this issue:
- Public Invited to ‘Meet the Masters’ During 2017 ArtQuest Exhibition
- Who’s Who on the YouthQuest Advisory Committee
- Looking for a Job? Don’t Miss this Opportunity
- On the Job: Jerimiah Whitehead
- Connecting YouthQuest & Home: Sounds Like Fun
- YouthQuest’s Monthly Highlights: March 2017
To join the mailing list, click here.