(FLINT, Mich. – Aug. 10, 2018) More than 25 employers will seek to fill entry-level positions during the Flint & Genesee Job & Resource Fair, to be held Thursday, Aug. 23 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Baker College of Flint.
The job fair – open to adults 18 and older – will also offer access to community agencies offering career preparation, financial and health services.
“This event has truly become a one-stop shop for job seekers,” said James Avery, director of Education & Training at the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce. “Attendees can meet with employers face-to-face. And they can connect with a variety of organizations that offer important services in Genesee County.”
According to Avery, job seekers can also take advantage of complimentary hair services provided by Park Place Hair Studio and update their interview attire with clothing and accessories donated by 2nd Time Around Consignment.
Walk-ins are welcome, although applicants are encouraged to register by Friday, Aug. 17 at www.flintandgenesee.org/jobfair. Attendees should dress professionally and bring several copies of their resume.
So far, confirmed employers include:
- Aimbridge Hospitality (representing Courtyard by Marriott Flint Grand Blanc, Residence Inn by Marriott Flint Grand Blanc, Holiday Inn Flint-Grand Blanc Area)
- Android Industries
- Belle Tire
- Boy Scouts of America
- D & W Windows & Enclosures
- The DM Burr Group
- Durand Senior Care & Rehab Center
- E.L. Hollingsworth and Company
- Express Employment Professionals
- Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce (representing YouthQuest)
- Genesee County Community Action Resource Department (GGCARD) Head Start
- Genesee Intermediate School District
- H&R Block
- Hamilton Community Health Network
- Kelly Services
- Mass Transportation Authority
- Meijer – Hill Road
- PMC (Placement Management Center)
- Primerica Financial Services
- Quality Staffing
- Randy Wise Automotive
- Rehabitat Systems
- Sovita Credit Union
Check-in will be located at the college’s student center/admissions building.
*Employer list updated Aug. 21, 2018.