(FLINT, Mich. – Aug. 11, 2017) More than 20 employers looking to fill entry-level positions will meet with job seekers during the Flint & Genesee Job & Resource Fair, to be held Wednesday, Aug. 23, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Baker College of Flint.
“This is a great opportunity for local job seekers to connect with local businesses,” said Rhetta Hunyady, Vice President of Education & Training at the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce. “We encourage attendees to dress professionally and bring multiple copies of their resumes. There’s a good chance they will be participating in on-the-spot interviews during the event.”
Confirmed employers thus far include:
- AmeriCorps (Crim Fitness Foundation)
- Android Industries
- Ashlor Staffing Services, representing Northgate
- Bavarian Inn Lodge
- Belle Tire
- Comfort Keepers
- Fireside Coffee Co.
- Flint Area Schools Employees Credit Union
- Genesee Intermediate School District
- Kelly Services
- Landaal Packaging
- Mass Transportation Authority
- Niles Plant Services LLC
- PMC (Placement Management Center)
- Qualified Staffing
- Randy Wise Automotive
- Sentech Services Inc.
- Talecris Plasma Resources
- Teachout Security
- TIDI Products
- YouthQuest (Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce)
The job and resource fair – open to adults 18 and older – will also be attended by a variety of agencies providing career preparation, financial, and health services.
For example, Michigan Secretary of State will provide information about securing a state-issued ID card, change-of-address forms and more. Additionally, barbers and stylists from Park Place Studio in Flint will provide on-site haircuts and other hair services to job applicants.
Other participating organizations include:
- The Disability Network
- Flint/Saginaw Electrical JATC
- Genesee County Health Department
- Genesee County Prevention Coalition
- GST Michigan Works
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Michigan Rehabilitation Services
- Molina Healthcare
- Mpowering My Success (University of Michigan – Flint)
- U.S. Truck Driver Training School
Walk-ins are welcome, although applicants are encouraged to register by Friday, Aug. 16 at www.flintandgenesee.org/jobfair. Check-in will be located at the student center.
Individuals who would like to attend pre-employment training prior to the job fair are encouraged to check out Career Edge. The free workshop series will be held Aug.14-17 at Carriage Town Mission and GST Michigan Works. For more information, visit www.flintandgenesee.org/career-edge.
*Updated employer list as of Aug. 14, 2017