The Social Media/Public Relations Manager is responsible to promote the Flint & Genesee Chamber brand, manage the Chamber’s social platforms and develop/implement social and PR campaigns. This position also generates content for both external and internal audiences.
- Leverage social networks to extend the reach of public relations and marketing initiatives.
- Generate content for press releases, e-newsletters, blogs, social media posts, etc.
- Write media alerts, press releases, fact sheets and other press materials
- Write letters, speeches, web content and other as assigned.
- Assist director on Annual Report, Visitor’s Guide/Member Directory content and other writing projects
- Review and edit copy for accuracy, content, grammar, spelling, and style.
- Handle media inquiries and establish relationships with reporters from various publications
- Assist in the planning of news conferences, grand openings and ribbon cutting events
- Develop and pitch stories to the media
- Assist other department staff with the creation and execution of chamber events.
- Assist with photography and videography needs for FGCC projects and events
- Perform other duties as assigned
Classification: FTE, Exempt
Reports to: Director, Communications and Public Relations
Minimum Required Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or related field and/or three to five years of direct experience.
- Strong writing skills with experience in journalistic style, speech writing.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills, good business acumen; strong organizational and project management skills; sound judgment, initiative, flexibility, and detail-oriented.
- Intermediate knowledge and skill with technology, including but not limited to personal computers, desktop or electronic publishing systems, scanners, and other electronic communication equipment
- Intermediate knowledge of database management, CRM experience preferred, segmented mailing lists
- Intermediate knowledge and skill with graphic design, page layout, and multimedia software
- Intermediate knowledge and skill with interactive technologies of the Web
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office and other related applications.
- Ability to adhere to priorities, meet multiple deadlines and effectively present and explain complex information.
Salary: Commensurate with applicant’s experience
Date: Revised: April 28, 2014
INTERESTED PARTIES SHOULD SEND AN EMAIL TO:
Director, Human Resources