(FLINT, Mich., March 23, 2015) – Business leaders, the public sector and community members came together today at the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce’s 2015 Annual Meeting. Attendees learned of the Chamber’s key results for 2014, and changes to its Board of Directors were also announced.
Robert Rummel, Senior Vice President of Chase, will take the helm as Chairman of the Board, as Joe Serra, CEO of Serra Automotive, steps down.
“Joe Serra has been an outstanding Chairman,” said Tim Herman, CEO of the Flint & Genesee Chamber. “He is well-versed on Flint & Genesee, is a great leader and is a strong advocate for the economic well-being of our region. He will continue to serve on the board as Past Chair.”
Herman added: “Bob has been involved with the Chamber for several years on behalf of Chase. He has been a great partner and brings a lot of passion for giving back to the community. We are very pleased to welcome him as our new Chair of the Board.”
2015 Flint & Genesee Chamber Board of Directors
- Chair: Robert Rummel, Senior Vice President, Chase
- Chair-Elect: Steve Landaal, President, Landaal Packaging Systems
- Past Chair: Joe Serra, CEO, Serra Automotive
- Secretary: Donald Kooy, President/CEO, McLaren Flint
- Treasurer: Phillip H. Peters, Vice President of Administration and Secretary/Treasurer, Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
- Regional Leadership Council Chair: John Matonich, CEO & Chairman of the Board, ROWE Professional Services Co.
- Terri Burden, Plant Manager, GM Flint Engine Operations
- Scott Horgan, General Manager, Holiday Inn Gateway Center
- Gary Hurand, President, Management Diversified Inc.
- Clarence Pierce, CEO, Hamilton Community Health Network
- Thomas Shade, Managing Principal, Lewis & Knopf CPAs, PC
- Mark Young, Commissioner& Finance Chairman, Genesee County Board of Commissioners
- Dayne Walling, Mayor, City of Flint