Soon it will be October and the start of fall. And fall is a season that brings change. Every year around this time I start to reflect on how the Flint & Genesee Chamber has changed, has grown. And over our 100-year history it’s clear that we have undergone tremendous changes.
For more than 100 years we have served the business community. Our impact can be seen through a variety of services and expertise provided to our members and affiliates. We work with our partners to:
- Build a strong business climate
- Grow investment and jobs
- Promote the region as a desirable tourism and meetings destination
- Serve as a Shared Services Center of Excellence that helps businesses and governments operate more efficiently to improve customer satisfaction and reduce costs
- Affect public policy through legislative and political advocacy
- Prepare youth for the workplace through innovative learning programs, and bring new economy business education programs to employers and their workforce
- Connect our members to business networking opportunities, money saving benefits and promotional opportunities and,
- Improve the quality of life, overall economic growth of the region and much more.
October also brings Michigan Chamber of Commerce Month. It’s a time when organizations can celebrate their chambers of commerce and their contributions to the community. And, Chambers have the opportunity to talk up our programs and services.
We are very proud to participate in the celebration. The Flint & Genesee Chamber has played a major role in attracting and welcoming new businesses to our community and over the years have become an important resource for businesses large and small.
We appreciate each and every one of our members. You are what makes us successful. Thank you for believing in us and investing in our work. I hope you will join us in celebrating chambers of commerce next month!