Nominations open until Oct. 20
There is time to submit nominations for the fourth-annual Art of Achievement Awards, which recognize excellence in business and hospitality and community leadership.
Sponsored by the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce and the Convention and Visitors Bureau, nominations for 2017 are being sought in the following categories:
- CEO Business Award – Any company with 50 or more employees working to have a positive impact in Flint & Genesee.
- Small Business Award – Any company with less than 50 employees working to have a positive impact in Flint & Genesee.
- Minority Owned Business Award – Any minority-owned business working to have a positive impact in Flint & Genesee.
- Claire M. White Award – Honoring a woman working for the betterment of Flint & Genesee in community, career or someone else’s life.
- Young Professional Leader Award – Any young professional 40 or younger making great strides to benefit their company and/or the community.
- Nonprofit Impact Award – Any charity, church or nonprofit making great strides to positively impact any facet of the Flint & Genesee community.
- Gloria J. DeHart Award – Exemplifies an individual or organization who has worked to improve Flint & Genesee in the eyes of the hospitality community, creating a positive impact and perception of the region.
- Hospitality Ambassador Award – Recognizes exemplary customer service in the non-hotel areas of food service, bartender, transportation, business, etc.
- Frontline Ambassador Award – Recognizes a hospitality worker within a Genesee County hotel who provided outstanding service to guests staying at their establishment.
- Restaurant of the Year – Recognizes a Genesee County restaurant for their outstanding service, menu and overall experience of the customer.
- Hotel of the Year – Recognizes a Genesee County hotel for outstanding service, comfort and attention to hotel guests, providing an excellent overall experience.
- Entertainment Venue of the Year – Recognizes an entertainment or live performing arts venue that continues to raise the bar, offering an array top notch entertainment to the community and visitors.
- Community Champion Award – Recognizes a local resident who worked with the Flint & Genesee CVB staff to bring a meeting into Genesee County that had the highest economic impact in terms of attendees and overnight rooms.
Nominations are open to for-profit businesses, nonprofits and individuals in Genesee County, and are due Oct. 20 via online submission. Self-nomination is also permissible.
In addition, several other honors selected by Chamber staff will be awarded at the Nov. 9 gala at the Flint Institute of Arts, including:
- Economic Development Project of the Year
- Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) of the Year
- Small Business Contractor of the Year
- Robert P. Gerholz Award
- Art Hurand Award
- Charles Stewart Mott Award
“Art of Achievement is a great way to celebrate the businesses, organizations and individuals who are doing outstanding work and helping to move Flint & Genesee forward, said Chamber CEO Tim Herman. “To broaden the recognition pool, we’ve added a few new awards this year: Entertainment Venue of the Year, Economic Development Project of the Year and CTA of the Year.
“Overall, the number of nominations received so far has been outstanding, but there’s time for more nominees. And don’t forget about the gala at the beautiful Flint Institute of Arts. It’s quite an event.”
Tickets are $25 per person, with cash bar and hors d'oeuvres provided, and may be purchased online here.
For more information, including sponsorship opportunities, contact Steven Elkins in Member Services at (810) 600-1419.