Job seekers can fine-tune their employability with Career Edge, a new series of workshops designed to help adults prepare for the job market. Designed to give participants the skills needed to get and keep a job, the half-day workshops serve as an orientation to the workplace for those seeking first-time employment and a re-orientation for those returning to the workplace or seeking new opportunities. Career Edge is a program of the Education & Training unit of the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce (FGCC).
October classes include:
- Interview Preparation, 9 a.m. to noon, at the FGCC offices.
- Keeping a Job, 1 to 4 p.m., at the FGCC offices.
- Laying the Foundation, 9 a.m. to noon, at the YouthQuest Office.
- Laying the Foundation, 1 to 4 p.m., at the YouthQuest Office.
- Job Search, 9 a.m. to noon, at the YouthQuest Office.
- Job Search, 1 to 4 p.m., at the YouthQuest Office.
Cost for the program is $10 for students (high school and college) per workshop, and $15 for all others per workshop. Participants must pre-register and pay online at www.flintandgenesee.org/careeredge. Scholarships are available, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
For a complete list of workshops and times, visit https://www.flintandgenesee.org/career-edge-workshops-to-help-you-get-and-keep-a-job/ .