Baker College, Consumers Energy, Flint & Genesee Chamber, Mott Community College Sponsor
Tim Tebow, Soledad O’Brien and John Maxwell Among Speakers for May 4 Event
(FLINT, MICH) Looking to learn more about leadership, connect with local leaders and be inspired? Then join Genesee/Shiawassee Michigan Works! Career Alliance along with local sponsors for a live broadcast of the Chick-fil-A Leadercast on Friday, May 4 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. NFL Quarterback Tim Tebow, best-selling author John Maxwell and CNN News Anchor Soledad O’Brien are among the speakers for the day-long event at the Mott Community College Regional Technology Center.
According to Tim Herman, CEO of the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce leadership is critical to success and the Leadercast provides a unique opportunity to hear perspectives from a wide range of speakers, while networking and connecting with local leaders.
“This leadership event provides a great opportunity for Flint and Genesee County,” said Herman. “Hearing from leaders across a broad spectrum is a great way to inspire and challenge people to step up to the mantle of leadership.”
The Chick-fil-A Leadercast will take place live in Atlanta and is being webcast to cities across the country. Genesee Shiawassee Michigan Works! Career Alliance is the host of the local broadcast. Local sponsors include Baker College, Consumers Energy, Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce and Mott Community College.
Speakers and topics for the event include:
- Soledad O’Brien – CNN news anchor -- “Choices Made by Historical Leaders”
- Tim Tebow – NFL Quarterback and best-selling author – an interview
- Patrick Lencioni – Best-selling author – “The Choices You Make While Leading Your Family”
- Mark Buckingham – Strength expert and best-selling author – “Finding Your Edge at Work”
- John Maxwell – Leadership expert and best-selling author – “15 Laws of Personal Growth”
- Angela Ahrendts – CEO, Burberry – “Developing a Creative Corporate Culture”
- Ronald Fryer – Harvard Economics professor – “Choices Beyond Yourself”
- Andy Stanley – Best-selling author – “Choices”
- Sheena Iyengar – Choice expert and author – “The Role of Choice and Leading”
- Urban Meyer – Head Football Coach, Ohio State University – “Priorities”
The cost to attend the event is $25.00. For more information, contact Helen Brown at Career Alliance at (810) 233-5627 extension 114. To purchase tickets visit www.gsworks.org. Click here to see a timed schedule of speakers.
About the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce
The Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce (www.flintandgenesee.org) is the voice of business and community advocacy in Genesee County. The Regional Chamber is over 100 years old, was established before the Michigan Chamber of Commerce and is a founding member of the United States Chamber of Commerce.
Two words describe the Regional Chamber as it enters its second century of service: collaboration and partnership. It is our goal to work with government, business, education and nonprofit organizations to support the growth and development of the community economically, culturally and socially.