Who is a Community Champion? It could be you!
Visitors to Flint and Genesee County leave behind dollars. When we host meetings in our community our guests shop at local stores, fill up at local gas stations, eat at local restaurants, visit our attractions, (from golf courses to the Cultural Center), and use our meeting facilities. Most importantly for us, they stay in local hotels. It is the five percent hotel tax that funds the Regional Chamber CVB.
Visitors mean local jobs and revenue. We want to bring more business meetings and visitors to Flint and Genesee County. Revenue from visitors has a significant impact on our community. The more visitors we bring, the more jobs and revenue we bring to local businesses, including yours.
That’s where we need your help; we need everyone to be ambassadors.
Think about organizations you are involved with, or have worked with; do they hold annual, quarterly or monthly meetings? If so, why not invite them to meet in Flint and Genesee County!
Flint-Genesee County is a surprisingly attractive place to hold meetings:
- Our affordable, excellent meeting/hotel facilities are second to none in the small to medium group range.
- Flint & Genesee County is the crossroads of Michigan, with easy access from anywhere; I-69, I-75, US 23, Bishop International Airport, Amtrak train service.
- Access to restaurants, arts venues, museums, golf, and sports venues and much more.
If you are a member, leader, board member or influencer of a state, regional or national civic, social, educational, or religious group that meets regularly, partner with us. Tell the Flint-Genesee Regional Convention & Visitors Bureau who to contact. That’s all you have to do.
The Regional Chamber CVB will contact the organization and explain what Flint and Genesee County has to offer, meeting space, shopping, restaurants, hotels, transportation, cultural attractions, costs and more. Your group will receive assistance every step of the way, from planning to setting up programs.
If your organization holds their meeting in Flint-Genesee County, not only will you help bring more business to the community, you will receive:
- Recognition in the Community Champion Honor Roll on the Regional Chamber web site
- Mention in local papers for you and your organization
- If your suggestion leads to overnight stays at a local hotel, you could be invited to the Flint-Genesee Regional Convention & Visitors Bureau’s annual Hospitality Awards program to be honored as the Community Champion of the year
The winner will be chosen based on which meeting has the biggest impact that year, by bringing in the most people, revenue and overnight stays to the community. The winner will receive a $500 gift certificate.
Be a Community Champion and you might also find that you’re a champion to your group as well for finding convenient, outstanding facilities for their meetings at an affordable price.