The stores are stocked with backpacks, and the busses are already rolling for certain Genesee County districts. If you’re among those feeling a bit of back-to-school nostalgia, why not embrace your learning mindset and take advantage of some of the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce’s upcoming business training sessions?
- An Employer Guide to Building a Retirement that Succeeds (Sept. 13) As a business owner, you’re tasked with providing the best retirement plan for your employees that also makes the most sense for your company. In this workshop, learn about the different plans that are available, eligibility and contribution limits, accessibility of funds, and IRS and plan reporting requirements.
- Workplace Emergency Preparedness Training (Sept. 15) Implementing a comprehensive, organization-wide safety, preparedness and continuity program is an enormous task. This seminar – ideal for facility managers and safety and human resource professionals – breaks it all down by providing simple, affordable solutions for disaster preparation; an AED overview and demonstration; and the latest tips and tools in health and safety training programs.
- Building a Comprehensive Branding Strategy (Sept. 20) What does it take to have a 360-degree view of the marketing landscape? How do you find the right audience and deliver the right message at the perfect time? More importantly, how do you stay on top of trends in digital marketing without getting left behind? This session will answer these questions by looking at how to build a branding strategy.
- Facebook 202 (Sept. 22) Go beyond the basics of managing a Facebook page in this informative session. Learn about understanding your followers, creating engaging content and running a Facebook ad campaign. See real-time, successful pages for businesses of varying size.
- Certified Tourism Ambassador Class (Sept. 22) Become an ambassador for Flint & Genesee by learning about the power of tourism; understanding the region's history and attractions; finding and using local resources; and exceeding customer expectations. Upon successful completion, participants will earn the Certified Tourism Ambassador designation and receive a CTA certificate and lapel pin. (REGISTRATION DEADLINE: SEPT. 9)
- Leadership that Matters: Creating a Culture of Empowerment (Sept. 27) Learn about the importance of encouraging innovation and initiative among those you lead.
- Coggno Online Courses (Rolling) In partnership with Coggno, the Chamber offers more than 1,000 training courses for employee development and certification in a variety of categories. This week, get 30 percent off the following courses using the coupon code AUG4-SAVE30: Connecting with Customers; Customer Service Excellence Video Module; Difficult Customer Techniques; Handling Customer Complaints; How to Maintain Customer Loyalty; Identifying Customers’ Needs; and Turning Satisfied Customers into Repeat Customers.
These are just a few of the business training opportunities the Chamber has scheduled this year. For the complete 2016 Business Training Catalog, click here.