With the recent release of the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce’s 2016 Business Training Catalog, Inside Business has compiled a list of upcoming training opportunities that address different goals and objectives for your professional and personal lives.
For instance, if you want to…
- Lead a healthier lifestyle, check out Healthy Eating on the Go on March 1. Joanna Sheill, Registered Dietitian at Hurley Medical Center, will cover everything from portion control and weight management to healthy eating on a budget.
- Become a better leader, attend How We Lead Matters on March 2. Betsy Haigh, founder of Awaken Leadership Center, will highlight the techniques of meaningful leadership and the importance of self-efficacy.
- Up your networking game, register for the 10 Commandments of Networking on March 3. Tonya Acha, Owner of Referral Institute SE Michigan, will offer key tips for maximizing the value you get from attending mixers, speaker events, etc.
- Be better prepared for an emergency, sign up for CPR Program Changes & Hands-Only CPR on March 10. Kathy Danaher of the Red Cross will highlight key changes to CPR guidelines and emergency cardiovascular care. Attendees will also learn how to perform hands-only CPR as well as use automated external defibrillators.
- Ensure your business is in compliance, attend New Regulations for Overtime Pay on March 16. Gary W. Klotz and Rebecca S. Davies, Shareholders at Butzel Long’s Detroit office, will cover current overtime exemptions, the proposed changes and steps employers may consider to retain exempt-status for employees.
- Organize your personal finances, register for Financial Planning Basics on March 22. Mark Minder, Founder of Minder Planning Group, will teach attendees about everything from credit fundamentals and basic investment concepts to estate planning and how to establish a budget and emergency fund.
- Brand your business, check out Micro Moments: How Google Helps Advertisers Embrace Marketing on March 23. In this session, Mike Lorenc, Head of Industry, Google’s Ticketing & Live Events Group, will show examples of advertisers embracing, and winning in, the mobile-first world of marketing.
These are just a few of the business training opportunities the Chamber has scheduled this year. For the complete 2016 Business Training Catalog, click here.