Ever wonder what you can do to help the Flint-Genesee County economy? Consider becoming a champion for your community. According to Cheryl DeFrain, director of Flint-Genesee Regional Convention & Visitor’s Bureau, an action group of the Genesee Regional Chamber of Commerce, everyone in the region can play a role in growing the local economy.
Here are a five ways you can have an impact:
- Encourage your business or professional organization to host a regional or national meeting or conference in Genesee County
- Encourage your religious organization or club to host a regional meeting in Genesee County
- Invite your sports organization to host a tournament or competition in Genesee County
- Encourage your family to host a reunion in Genesee County
- Be a tourist in your own town! Visit area attractions like the Flint Institute of Arts, Crossroads Village or a local park and then stay overnight at a local hotel (like a real tourist)
“Now is the time to start thinking about planning events for the coming year,” said DeFrain. “You can make a difference by starting now. There are a host of great things to enjoy in Flint-Genesee County and the CVB is happy to assist with planning.”
To learn more ways that you can have an impact or for more information about planning a meeting or event in the region contact Cheryl DeFrain at (810) 600-1457 or email@example.com.