Job-seeking adults will have the opportunity to meet with a number of employers during the Flint & Genesee Job & Resource Fair.
“This event offers job seekers the opportunity to connect with employers representing industries such as hospitality, transportation and education,” said James Avery, director of Education & Training at the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce. “Individuals have a chance to find the position they have been looking for.”
More than 25 employers will be present looking for entry-level positions to be filled. Job seekers are encouraged to dress professionally and bring several copies of their resume.
Here are some of the jobs available during the fair:
- Aimbridge Hospitality, the management company for Courtyard Inn, Residence Inn, and Holiday Inn, is seeking front desk associates, housekeepers and servers.
- Mass Transit Authority - Your Ride service drivers and bus attendants.
- D&W Windows - window and sunroom installers.
- Genesee County CARD - substitute teaching assistants.
- Kroger - produce, deli and grocery attendants.
The Flint & Genesee Job & Resource Fair will be held August 23 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Baker College of Flint. For more information, go to www.flintandgenesee.org/jobfair.