With more than 65 million businesses using Facebook, the social media platform has become a significant space for brands to connect with current and potential customers.
But how does one business stand out from the rest? For advice on best practices, Inside Business turned to Christine Welsh, owner of Kerning Advertising in Grand Blanc and member of AAF-Greater Flint.
Her top tips include to:
- Post consistently. Whether you post once a day or three times a week, keeping your social schedule consistent is key to growing your online audience. Not sure when to post? Take advantage of Page Insights, which shows you what days and times your followers are on Facebook.
- Follow the 3 Ls. Want to stay at the top of your followers’ news feeds? Share content that makes them laugh, learn something or love how they feel.
- Avoid text-only posts. Posts that include photos, videos or links have a higher reach than those without. GIFs are especially popular, and can be easily made using a free website such as com.
Interested in learning more? Register today for Facebook 101, to be held Aug. 16 at Baker College of Flint.
During this lunchtime session, Welsh will provide small business owners and marketing professionals with useful tips on how to start a page, do’s and don’ts of posting to your page and gathering useful user information. Attendees will also get a sneak peek of real-time pages and their successful campaigns during this interactive session.
Other professional and personal development opportunities scheduled this month include:
- Aug. 22: Business Model Canvas at the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem The business model canvas is a visual tool that helps identify advantages and problems in early-stage ideas. This workshop walks entrepreneurs through basic business modeling, while also introducing them to local resources and opportunities within the larger entrepreneurial service provider ecosystem.
- Aug. 29: New Wheels Car shopping can prompt a number of questions: Should I buy or lease? Should I buy new or used? Should I trade in my old vehicle or sell it outright? Learn some useful strategies for buying and/or selling your next vehicle. By planning ahead, you could save hundreds – even thousands – of dollars.